Thursday, April 19, 2012

Walking in Memphis

One of the places I have to visit here in the United States is Tennessee. My mom has often asked "Where should we go for vacation this year?" and many times I have responded "Tennessee". But of course I  get a look, like "why?" I will tell you why right now. I met a girl last summer from Tennessee and she confirmed everything I'd already heard about this state, she said even the biggest country music stars just walk around like everyday people. From the food, to the music and the friendly faces, this a place I want to vist very soon.

I am a huge country music fan so of course we would have to start in the capital of Nashville, home of the Grand Ole Opry. This is where the biggest of all the country stars perform on a nightly basis. And before I leave Nashville, I would have to take a tour at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
I can't wait to be able to sink my teeth into some down-home Tennessee cooking. Fresh food off the farms, and meat cooked like you've never tasted. All the food festivals and homestyle restaurants are definitely on my list.

And of course, a huge draw is the history and culture down south. It's something we don't see at all up north and would be a nice change to experience. I feel like I would be very happy living in Tennessee one day, but I think I'll have to start with a visit or two first!

No comments:

Post a Comment