Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The City of Stars

....and by stars, I mean movie stars, also know as the City of Angels: Los Angeles County. I have always been an east coast girl, (and I'm almost positive that I always will be) but perhaps a visit to the west coast could one day change my mind.
Los Angeles has always been a place that fascinates me. In my mind, it is like New York but warmer and sunnier with palm trees and movie stars. There are so many places in LA that you have to see. Who would wouldn't want to see the movie sets in Hollywood one day and be shopping on Melrose Ave the next. Imagine seeing all those multi-million dollar homes in Orange County. I think I might have a hard time leaving. I hear the traffic is atrocious, but it can't be too much worse then driving through NYC. Here are some sites I definitely want to visit, you might too!

The first thing I would want to do would be to take a helicopter ride over the city. A helicopter ride in general just sounds fun, but to see the 400 miles of LA from the sky would be pretty cool. You could get an up close view of the Hollywood sign and see the mansions hidden in the Hollywood hills. You could fly over Downtown skyline and over to the Santa Monica Mountains, following the sandy beach coast.


Next it would be cool to go on a studio tour of a live set. But I'm not so sure how easy that is for an ordinary person to do. So if I can't see any real movie stars, I'll take the next best thing: the 3.5 mile Hollywood Walk of Fame. The history behind all the stars who have been given a star along this sidewalk is amazing. It would be so fun to see all the names! You could even hit up a local TV show taping (for free usually) if you can't see your big movie stars.


And of course the beaches. Venice Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Santa Monica Sate Beach. A day at the beach any where is a treat, but these beaches you hear about all the time in the movies. All about the boho Venice Beach area, the hipster Hermosa and classic Santa Monica. I'm sure you'll want to spend a day at each!

There are so many places and things to do in LA, this doesn't even begin to describe them. The shopping there has to be glamorous, and the nightlife just the same. I think LA is a place you definitely have to experience at some point.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to go on a helicopter ride, and I am now considering waiting until I can go to the West coast and take a ride over Los Angeles. It seems amazing, and I hear their beaches are great too.

    ReplyDelete